We are delighted to confirm the construction of a new AQUATIC CENTRE.
This complex, to be built on the site of the existing swimming pool, will comprise the following:
- 20 x 25m Water Polo Pool
- 20m wide – allows split pool practices and junior matches
- 1.8m depth – allowing use up to masters level
- 10 lanes for galas and swimming training
- Two boys per house for inter-house galas
- 8 x 20m Junior Pool
- 0.9m depth – gives confidence to junior swimmers
- Ideal for smaller, stroke correction squads
- Can run swimming and water polo squads concurrently
- Facilitates management of far bigger swimming squads more effectively
- Allows for differentiated coaching within swim squads
The funding of this project has been made possible by the most generous donations of several parents, past parents and Old Boys complemented by a significant allocation of funds from the Centenary Trust Foundation; collectively these funds total over R3 million.